Monday, July 1, 2013

Dear Diary: My Third Log / Time reaches never, always reaches now.

15, S.e.p.t.e.m.b.e.r 2005

I walked down the misty street. I had Phased enough for a time. This new watch of mine, a gift from the box, did not allow me to enjoy a stroll with its unique power. The mist curled and changed. I felt a coldness in the air. The wind whispered to me, "Do not seek to unnerve us, friend. We are not your enemies."

The fog lifted. The store I wished to enter had been levelled to the ground. My breath turned into rust. The sky was red as blood. A poster was upon the ground, faded and torn from many years of negligence. The year was 2011. The poster said, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return."

The mist enveloped me. I lay floating upon a black sea. The ringing of bells filled my ears. "Even time cannot kill mortality for time itself is mortal." Lightning struck the water. With it, I dispersed.

I finally arrived at the right store. Within, music granted me a hint to my condition. The rainy street now made sense.

'Don't know where it goes but it's home to me and I walk alone...'

Bless me, Raven Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment