Saturday, June 8, 2013

Dear Diary: My Second Log / To fade or not to fade, whistle through the rain.

25, A.u.g.u.s.t 2005

As I slept, the cracks did creep. They shattered my walls, my roof, my home. They crept into my mind and altered my fantasies.

I entered a room. Pitch black ran for miles; white lightning struck the ground around me. I entered the door ahead. Now it was white running to oblivion. Black lightning seared my aura. The door ahead beckoned me further. Millions of halls lay before me, all of them leading to nothingness. I about-faced. The world shattered.

In the midst of falling shards of diamond, I met the dissolving statue. It had a box in its hands. Such terror and evil leaked from the object that I nearly passed out. I kept walking forward. The statue cried tears of blood but shattered under my gaze. I took the box only to find myself being pulled in every direction. A hand grabbed my arm and pull me away.

Rain fell in volumes. A world made of an empty street yet beyond mortal comprehension - here I found my savior. "You shall find your way, Prince. Open the box. Fight those that ignore us and take away our hard work. We have the same enemy, you and I. Remind them. We'll meet again."

The bladed pendulum swung to and fro in the blackness of my mind. Tick, tock. Tick, tock. I awoke to the wall in front of me. The rounded pendulum swung. Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Time is ephemeral. The box was material. I held it in my hands and opened it once more...

Bless me, Raven Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment